posted Aug 3, 2016, 11:26 AM by Vanessa Beebe
updated Aug 3, 2016, 11:28 AM
The new school year is almost here!
Please read the attached newsletter and accompanying documents for important information to start off the school year smoothly. Additionally, some other important dates/information include:
- New student registration is this coming Tuesday, August 2, from 3:00-7:00 at the Cherry Lane Campus in the school library.
- A Back to School Open House is scheduled Thursday, August 11, K-6 4:00-6:00 at the Cherry Lane Campus, 7-12 3:00-5:00 at the Tech Lane Campus. Elementary Class Lists/Teacher Assignments will be available at the Open House, Secondary students will receive their schedules at the Open House, and High School Students will receive their one-to-one device (Chrome Book) at the Open House.
- Supply Lists are available on the school website, click here and then on 2016-17 Supply List.
- Shortly after school ended, mid June, the school sent out ISAT results via email for students in 3rd through 10th grade. If you didn't receive your students ISAT results, first check your junk mail for ALL relevant email accounts the school may have on file. If you still can't find it, please email Vanessa Beebe, our Systems Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will be serving breakfast in addition to lunch this year. Since it is vital to the program that meal payments be made in a timely manner, an online payment system has been set up with MySchoolBucks.com (see school website for instructions). While it is not necessary for stakeholders to make all of their payments through this system, in order to participate in the Compass school lunch program, either ala carte items or a full meal, a School Bucks Account must be established with a minimum of $5.00.Specifically, it is required that all school lunch program participants set up their School Bucks Account to receive account balance alerts via email.
- In order to assure that you receive school emails throughout the school year, please make sure your current email is on file with the school. You may do this by checking with either school office. Our alert system (same one used to send out ISAT results) doesn't work well with Yahoo or MSN email accounts. You may want to consider setting up a Gmail account to use specifically for school emails.
Compass is Seeking to Fill the Following Positions:
- Cafeteria Assistant - 20+ hours per week. Prefer an individual with experience in the food service industry.
- Cafeteria Substitutes - On call position subbing for cafeteria staff in case of illness. Training will be provided.
- Cafeteria Volunteers - Parents who would like to help in the cafeteria (serving lunch). We love individuals who can commit to one day per week, although any support would be appreciated. You will have the opportunity to see your child(ren) in their social environment and receive a free lunch.
- Classroom Substitutes - On call position subbing in the classroom for teachers in case of illness. Training will be provided. You may choose which grade levels you fill comfortable with.
- Recess Safety Aid for 7th-12th grade - This is a 2 hour, daily position (11:00-1:00). Training will be provided. You will have the opportunity to see your child(ren) in their social environment and receive a free lunch.
If you are interested in the Classroom Substitute position or the Recess Safety Aid position, email Kelly Trudeau at email@example.com