posted Aug 20, 2012, 8:08 PM by Jeniffer Murphy
Special Points of Interest:
- August 30 - Parent Orientation 7:00-9:00pm
- August 31 - Staff Collaboration, No School
- September 3 - Labor Day, No School
- September 13 - School Board Meeting 7:00pm
- September 22 - Wellness Carnival and 1st Grade Concert
- September 28 - Staff Pictures, Student Re-takes, Senior Tux & Drape, Fall Sports Pictures
Please mark your calendars for Thursday, August 30th to attend the Parent Orientation. This orientation is scheduled specifically for parents; agenda will include:
- Common Core Standards and New Common Assessment Discussion
- Compass Grading Philosophy and Procedure
- Sign-up for November Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Meet Your Student's Teacher(s)
Over the next few weeks, students in kindergarten through third grade will have their hearing screened. Parents will be notified if their child requires additional testing. If you do not want your child screened, please notify the school. Additionally, if you have older children and would like to have their hearing screened you may request this service.
You can print a copy of this week's newsletter by clicking on the file below.
Compass Cafe Volunteers Needed
Mrs. Long is looking for a few more dedicated volunteers. This is a great way to meet all of the students who attend Compass. Also, you will receive a free and delicious lunch at the end of the lunch period.
The Meridian Bookmobile comes to Compass every Wednesday from 1:15-2:15 to provide an opportunity for our 5th-12th grade students to check out books. Students are required to have a library card in order to check out books. Students can pick up an application form to bring home from the Bookmobile that can be completed and taken to any Ada County Library.